Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large home and commercial solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary PAYG software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such ast elevisions, stereos and refrigerators, thereby improving people’s standard of living while earning incremental income by supporting new solar-powered businesses. With over 1,000 employees across three continents, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge in your career, are you passionate about renewable energy literally empowering people in rural Tanzania? Mobisol is giving you a chance to head the Marketing department in Tanzania. In this position, you will plan and implement Mobisol Tanzania’s Marketing Strategy, develop excellent above and below the line marketing campaigns, lead a team of 6 energetic marketing specialists and own the country’s brand. In this role, you will directly report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- In close cooperation with the commercial team and other stakeholders – lead the strategy development and design of high impact marketing activities in Tanzania, and ensure daily execution according to developed guidelines and policies. This includes setting up strong go-to-market approaches and ensuring consistency in the execution of above and below the line marketing activities according to brand guidelines on a daily basis
- Implement the marketing side of go-to-market strategy for new products, adapting plans from Mobisol’s innovation lab and HQ
- Develop new and innovative ways to market Mobisol products to the target customer in rural and urban areas
- Drive continuous improvement and increase efficiency of the country’s marketing operations
- Recruit and retain well qualified and high performing team members
- Evaluate direct reports’ performance against KPIs, developing and implementing plans for improvement, discussing achievements, strengths, weaknesses, and training plan; focusing also on personal development of the team
- Further develop effectiveness of marketing monitoring and report on effectiveness of marketing activities to Chief Commercial Officer
- Oversee design and distribution of effective marketing materials
- Represent Mobisol towards stakeholders and set up synergetic marketing partnerships
- Analyze market and customer trends, applying insights for marketing strategy
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- At least 8 years working experience in marketing with proven track record of successful marketing campaigns and projects
- Strong knowledge of marketing evaluation tools
- Experience in team management in a commercial context, preferably managing a geographically dispersed yet cohesive team
- Very analytical, ability to establish business cases, conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to effectively build relationships and partnerships
- Ability to work in a fast growing dynamic environment, you are not afraid of change
- You have a personal interest in the development of your team, you are an excellent coach and leader
- Excellent computer literacy, written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a wonderful global community, you will receive an attractive benefit package with direct participation in the success of our company.
How to apply
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please apply by clicking the "Apply" button below.