Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
As Mobisol´s Head of Technical Engineering (Hard & Firmware Development) you will be responsible for the technical development of integrated hardware and firmware solutions according to the demands of the Mobisol product range. To achieve this major goal, you will lead a team of experts who develop and improve firmware, system hardware and tools for production, testing, assembly, installation and maintenance of the complete product portfolio. This includes the Solar Home Systems range from 40Wp to 800Wp as well as in-house or co-developed appliances and productive use.
Within this role, you will make sure that Hardware, Firmware Development and Quality Assurance have a strong alignment towards the same goals.
The development of your team is as important to you as the technical development of the products.
- You lead a team of >10 developers and engineers and make sure that all are aligned and work effectively towards the set goals
- You will set up the optimal team structure and align the future product roadmap with our product management team
- You will be the interface between Hardware, Firmware and Quality Assurance to set the right goals and define processes
- You will be the first point of contact for high level technical decisions and be “the voice” of the technical engineering in Mobisol
- You are in close cooperation with mass-production partners & with the technical teams in the country operations
- At least 3 years of experience in a comparable leadership role
- University degree in Engineering or multiple years of practical experience in Electronic Engineering
- You are a strong communicator and leader who is well trusted by your team as well as internal and external stakeholders
- You are open-minded, result-oriented, pragmatic and driven by the mission to deliver the right product for the needs of our customers
- You know how to motivate and guide your team towards individual and team goals
- High level of familiarity with evaluation of technical opportunities, design of technical concepts and research towards technical innovation
- Experience in methodologies and concepts of modern software development and ability to apply these to an integrated team of hard- and software engineers
- Industry insider in the electronics sector (machines, tools, product requirements) with good knowledge of state-of-the-art companies and their tools in hardware development
- Strong focus on mass-production optimized hardware development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- German is definitely a plus but not mandatory
- Ability to adapt in a new sector with changing and fast developing environments and requirements
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, innovation and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team that combines professional expertise with personal passion.
How to apply
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective of race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.
Your skills and motivation are more important to us than certificates or university degrees. Please apply via our job portal.
If you have further questions please contact our HR team on +49 30 9700 255-6 or firstname.lastname@example.org.