Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
The Head of HR will lead the harmonization process across the countries and implement efficient HR processes based on the HR strategy of the group. The wide spectrum of responsibilities therefore includes C-level recruitment, development of succession planning, the introduction of performance management and general HR processes both on a strategic and an operational level. With a direct reporting line to the CEO/CFO you will act as a sparring partner to the management board in all people related matters and ensure that HR strategies are implemented on a global level.
The position holder will be responsible for:
- HR Strategy: You design and ensure the implementation of an overall HR strategy which supports our international growth plans in line with our values
- Leading your team: You guide and support a team of highly motivated HR professionals in Berlin and you have the functional lead of local HR managers in Africa and China
- Planning and Organization: In corporation with our management you install a personnel planning system, define KPIs and develop global HR structures and procedures under the motto: As much local as possible, as much global as necessary
- Talent acquisition: You further develop an international recruitment strategy and help professionalize and smoothen our recruitment processes to ensure growth in all our target countries
- People development: You create and implement people development concepts and programs that help our team members to grow to their full potential along the growth of Mobisol.
- Performance Management: You look for continuous improvement of our appraisal and compensation & benefit system, also on a global level, with the aim to reward performance without interfering with the great motivation of our team
- Change Management: You embrace change, bring everyone on board and make it happen
- Support and advice: You act as sparring partner for the management board and colleagues
This challenging position requires a university degree as well as at least 10 years of professional HR experience, within a globally operating, fast growing company as well as strong business acumen beyond the HR function. Experience with change management is highly desirable. A thorough process orientation in combination with an innovative as well as strategic mind-set, a hands-on mentality and a highly integrative personality will be important assets for this role. Previous HR management responsibilities in complex and multisite companies plus strong prior international exposure, ideally in the context of developing countries would be essential for the position. Personally you work in a systematic, structured, proactive and independent way. You have passion for people, a high energy level and you get things done. Regular travel within the respective countries (around 30 % of your time) and fluency in English as well as German are indispensable for this position. Experience as trainer or coach would be most welcome.
The position offers you the chance to shape and develop people management at Mobisol on a global level. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team which is dedicated to product quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability.
How to apply
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.
If you feel attracted by this unique opportunity please upload your application (CV, cover letter incl. salary expectation and references) via the button below. If you have any questions, please contact our HR Team in Berlin via +49 30 9700 2556.