Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large home and commercial solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary PAYG software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such ast elevisions, stereos and refrigerators, thereby improving people’s standard of living while earning incremental income by supporting new solar-powered businesses. With over 1,000 employees across three continents, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
The Head of Human Resources guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs for Mobisol Tanzania. This includes legal and administrative aspects, recruitment, as well as the support and development of our currently around 500 employees.
- Preparing and executing an efficient and thought-through HR strategy with clear focus areas
- Ensuring up-to-date contracts and files, accurate payroll, budget compliance and adherence to company policies and labour law
- Establishing, implementing and updating HR processes, e.g. on disciplinary matters and recruitment
- Managing the HR team of 3 officers through regular meetings, continuous feedback and coaching
- Taking charge of staff planning, timely hiring and the establishment of a salary scale
- Working closely with the Talent team to incorporate training and development initiatives and an appropriate performance management system
- Serving as key contact for staff queries; consulting, motivating and supporting individual employees for maximum retention
- Regular reporting to the Chief Board on vacancies, performance management, absences, staff retention and updates on HR policies
- Strong understanding of Tanzanian labour law
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in an HR management position; ideally in an organisation with 150+ employees
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor junior colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili
- Positive attitude and high level of initiative
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and strive for high-quality outcomes, especially with regards to documentation
- Willingness to live in Arusha, and to travel nationally
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team.
How to apply
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please apply by clicking on the "Apply" button on this page. As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.