Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
The Operations Team Leader is responsible for Logistics and Technical Operations at the Zonal level in a spacious Country Office. This includes the organization and management of the complete operational supply chain workflows. In particular, the Team Leader is in charge of inventory management, timely distribution of systems and components as well as responsible for ensuring adherence to the assembly, repair and refurbishment processes of Mobisol products.
- Driving development and implementation of the team purpose, principles and values in alignment with company purpose, principles and values
- Supporting Heads in effective and continuous risk management for the departments
- Supporting the Heads in the planning,approving and adhering to the department budgets
- Communication of all operations related tasks,updates, standards to the Zonal Logistics and Tech Ops Team
- Completing assigned tasks in line with applicable policies, guidelines, processes and procedures
- Organizing and facilitating regular ZonalOperations team meetings comprising of TechOps and Logistics Team members
- Prepare weekly stock - sales target analysisfor the ZH to meet sales and after sales goals;communicate changes to the MH distributionOfficer for adjusting delivery schedules whererequired
- Approve and supervise stock shifting(reshuffles) among the MobiShops in case ofstock shortages and/or ad-hoc salespromotions, with attention to related costs
- Support country-wide (among ZHs) / intercountry(among Country Offices) stock shifting;set up and maintain relationships with externaldelivery service providers
- Communicate mTawi / database (DB) releaseregarding Logistics-specific features; follow upon the implementation within the Team
- Oversee, align, forecast, and improveworkshop activities and facilities. Implementdepartmental and organizational policies andprocedures to maximize output
- Analyze Technical Operations ZH/NH data toensure efficient operations (e.g. RevisionCases, Revision Requests, Categories, Itemconditions and CO specific reports)
- Perform 3-months cycle counts (stocktaking)for all electronical components and tools toensure the levels of stocks are trackable
- Issue a 6-monthly centralized order for electronic components and tools to the Head of Tech Ops to ensure the team is equipped with all spare parts and tools
- University degree in Operations Management, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or similar fields.
- More than 5 years of working experience in Technical and/or Logistics Operations roles related to Mobisol Operations (solar technology, battery technology, circuitry, test equipment, solar panels)
- Experience with operational improvement techniques (Kaizen and 5s, SixSigma, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with testing equipment, circuitry, and assembly workflows is an added advantage
- Proficient in spreadsheet and database applications and comfortable with quantitative analysis
- Experience with DMS Logistics, CILT and CIPS is advantageous
- Previous experience in a managerial (with functional authority) role is a plus
- Very good organizational and interpersonal skills, team player with analytical capabilities
- Self-starter with a passion for Mobisol´s vision to plug in the world§ Fluency in the CO language and English
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team.
How to apply
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please apply by clicking on the "Apply" button. As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol Kenya offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.