Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
As Operations Support Officer you will be responsible for monitoring the logistics-related data across the departments Logistics, Service Network and our Mobisol Shops. Using the internal Mobisol database (DB) you will maintain and improve stock data on a national level.
In addition, you will be supporting the Logistics department in coordinating shipments to and from warehouse in Naivasha.
With a direct reporting line to the Head of Logistics you will play a key role when it comes to stock reporting and logistics planning.
- Close monitoring of data accuracy for all supply chain data (inventory figures, products and item movements) in the DB, including stocks of contractors and Mobisol Shops
- Follow-up on the coordination of comprehensive physical stock takings in collaboration with th eLogistics Team Leaders and Shop Operators
- Being the communication interface between Controlling and Finance
- Supporting the Finance team when preparing the consolidated monthly stock report
- Acting as point of contact for "Special packages" and incoming small shipments from suppliers or Mobisol China/Berlin and ensuring these packages are delivered safely
- Overseeing maintenance related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering preferred
- At least three years of working experience, ideally including work with (senior) management
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Reliable team player with very good communication skills and a can-do attitude
- Very good computer skills (MS Office)
- Experience with using databases is a plus
- Well-organized self-starter with a passion for Mobisol and its mission to plug in the world
- Fully fluent in Kiswahili and English
- Willingness to travel nationally across Kenya
The position offers you the chance to contribute to the growth of a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team.
How to apply
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity please upload your application (letter of motivation – stand out!, CV, references) via the link below.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants equal opportunity irrespective ofrace, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.