Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
The Head of Debt and Equity East Africa leads in identifying, shaping and managing domestic, regional and international partnerships with commercial banks, development-finance institutions and other financing partners in East Africa.
- Cooperation with finance institutions: establish stable, long term cooperations with domestic and / or regional commercial banks and other financing partners in East Africa
- Conceptualize and implement financing vehicles (SPVs) including but not limited to asset backed financing structures
- Negotiate and conceptualize cooperation and/or financing contracts
- Key account management: strategic as well as operative cooperation with financial partner institutions
- Representation and reporting: Promote and represent Mobisol on relevant conferences and trade fairs, developing and preparing the reporting to all relevant stakeholders, including Mobisol Group management
- MBA in Finance and Banking or related areas
- Minimum 10 years experience in the finance sector ideally in the finance department of a multinational company or with an international audit firm
- Comprehensive experience in cooperating with, or work experience in domestic or regional commercial banks
- Track record in negotiating and closing financial contracts, ideally in the area of asset backed financing
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to travel in East Africa and Europe
- Strong communication skills
- Professional level fo English language skills
The position offers you the unique chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team.
How to apply
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.
If you are intrigued by this challenging opportunity please upload your application (CV, cover letter incl. salary expectation references and earlies start date) via the button below. If you have any questions, please contact our HR Team in Berlin via +49 30 9700 2556.