Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
To ensure that their is accurate accounting and financial reporting in the company.This entails different task areas: Payables, Payroll, Tax &Compliance, Treasury and Fixed Assets.
1.Preparing and processing payments
2. Ensuring accurate allocation of expenses by accounts and ensuring payments are up to date and within agreed terms
3. Regular reporting on Accounts Payables status to the supervisor
4. Reconciling Accounts Payable accounts by managing the Mobisol Limited bank accounts and creditors reconciliations
5. Preparation and payment of staff payroll each month
6. Monthly posting and reconciliation of payroll accounts
7. Point of contact for tax consultant and certified accountant/auditor for group
8. Calculating and filling of all taxation and levy obligations in compliance with national and international standards
9. Preparing and processing cash and mobile money payments
10. Regular reporting on outstanding staff imprests to the supervisor
11. Ensuring appropriate authorization is obtained and that all relevant supporting documentation is held
12.Maintaining petty cash and mobile money disbursement physical files
13. Maintenance of an updated Fixed Asset Register
14. Performing any other task as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- At least 1 year working experience in a busy accounting environment
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) / Association of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA)
- Computer literate with high level of skills in Excel and practical experience with Accounting Software preferably, MS Dynamics NAV
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external parties at all levels
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and adapt to a fast evolving working environment
- Team Player
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
The position offers you a chance to manage Mobisol Limited accounts payable, taxes and fixed assets.
How to apply
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please apply by clicking on the "Apply" button. As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol Kenya offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.