Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
The Fleet Coordinator is responsible for the selection, sourcing, and maintenance of vehicles within the established budget. The coordinator furthermore creates and documents regulations, policies, and procedures and ensures that relevant steps are taken to meet Mobisol fleet regulatory standards. Other responsibilities are the identification of opportunities for cost saving, and optimisation of operation routes and fuel usage for highest operational efficiency.
- Plan, budget and monitor vehicle use, including the approval of vehicle hire/rental/leasing contracts
- Develop and manage company fleet policies and/or procedures
- Optimize vehicle selection, option content, allowable usage and life-cycle costs
- Develop a long term strategy of fleet management, including mode of vehicle acquisition, choice of suppliers and operational guidelines
- Develop, implement, and update a driving safety program for all employees using company cars
- Establish fleet schedules and monthly validate log books
- Prepare monthly reports on country-wide fleet management
- Negotiate and manage vendor relationships and service contracts to ensure vehicles are properly maintained or repaired
- Serve as single point of contact for external stakeholders (e.g. insurance companies, procurement, police)
- Establish and run an effective fleet management software for monitoring of vehicle usage and performance, and driving patterns
- Manage accident reports
- At least two years of solid work experience in fleet or transportation management
- Proven track record of vehicle leasing, insurance, and administration
- Ability to analyse and develop strategies, guidelines and procedures concerning fleet operation
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Software and implementation of 5S methodology
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Transport Management, or a related field is a plus
- Fluency in English and Swahili
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Driver’s license A, B, C, and D
- Complete and up-to-date knowledge of Tanzanian laws concerning transportation
- Willingness to travel
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a wonderful global community, you will receive an attractive benefit package with direct participation in the success of our company.
How to apply
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity, disability, religion, or beliefs.
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please apply by clicking the "Apply" button below.