Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
To ensure the control of purchases and Contract management of all contracts with partner, supplier, vendors, and landlords (except employees, contractor and customer contracts).
- Coordinate all Procurement and Contracts Officers in the Zonal Hubs
- Process procurement requests and purchasing orders
- Do proper documentations for ordering all supplies
- Sourcing and engagement of suppliers
- Take an active Lead in negotiating purchases in managed categories
- Ensuring timely delivery of goods and services.
- Report on performance and process compliances to department management and the Procurement Committee
- Coordinate the clearing of imported items and ensure they are cleared out without incurring damage
Ensure the right tariffs are used when clearing goods. Familiarize with Harmonization Systems (HS) import codes
- Review clearing agents’ rates annually to ensure competitiveness
- Adhere to the Purchase Manual and pro-actively support adaptions to the Purchase Manual needed due to changing conditions
- Monitoring contracts by overseeing actions that need to be taken regarding expiring contracts or changing terms and conditions
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, and standards in close corporation with internal or external legal advisor.
- Coordinating and developing supplier assessments, score cards and other analytics to enable team to effectively manage supplier performance.
- Training of staff on purchasing processes among other topics and maintaining regular communication with them.
- Supporting annual audits by providing all the necessary information and documents (e.g., procurement committee minutes, supplier agreements, procurement report worksheet)
- CIPS Diploma in Purchasing and Supply or its equivalent.
- Members of KISM or CIPS
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field is an added advantage
The position offers you the chance to ensure the control of purchases and Contract management of all contracts with partner, supplier, vendors, and landlords (except employees, contractor and customer contracts).
How to apply
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please apply by clicking on the "Apply" button. As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol Kenya offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.