Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
The Marketing and Communications Department develops the Mobisol brand, the Mobisol corporate identity, the communications strategy, and supports EA-wide marketing campaigns. This includes ensuring a coherent identity in line with company values, a brand design and coherent communications, targeting customers, investors, employees and governmental/institutional leaders. The Communications Specialist will support the department in all communications to various stakeholders like investors, strategic partners, multipliers, press, customers and colleagues.
- Coordinate media: Ensuring that all media inquiries are responded adequately and timely including the organi-zation of media visits, arranging interviews, press re-leases, newsletters, blog entries etc.
- Proactively position Mobisol in the press, keeping in touch with specialized journalists and further develop PR network
- Managing social media accounts/ Website content: Monitoring and supporting social media strategy: Pub-lishing Mobisol related content via Facebook, Twitter, In-stagram account(s) etc. ……
- Communication with relevant stakeholders: Ensure that potential investors, partners, customers are provided with high quality and up to date information material at all times. Close cooperation with Executive Board and Investor Relations/ Partnerships & Expansions Department and local Comms Specialist in operative countries (TZ, KE, RW)
- Supporting internal communications (e.g. internal newsletter, corporate presentations, employee handbook)
- University degree in Public Relations/Communication or equivalent
- A proven track record of at least 2 years working experience in a public relations function in a fast-paced international start-up environment, preferably renewable energies
- Excellent communication skills in English and German orally and in writing
- Comprehensive experience with social media channels & tools in a work-related context
- Experience in intercultural communication strong social skills, hands-on mentality
- Strong interest in a sustainable economy
- Advanced knowledge in Wordpress, MS Office, photo editing ( Adobe Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator) is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel outside Europe.
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team. As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity and disability, religion or beliefs.
How to apply
If you feel attracted by this opportunity please upload your application (CV, cover letter incl. salary expectation and references) via the button below. If you have any questions, please contact our HR Team in Berlin via +49 30 9700 2556.