Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
The Business Strategy department initiates, develops, and implements strategies, organisational changes, and solutions for a range of commercial focus areas. As Business Strategy Analyst, you provide advanced analysis and insights to ensure successful development of these strategic initiatives. To gather the necessary information and ensure successful implementation, you collaborate cross-departmental and with different stakeholders in the office and in the field. This job will give you a unique opportunity to utilise your analytical and social skills to support the sales of products that make a huge difference in customers' lives.
- Identify, design, and develop sales channel growth opportunities in collaboration with the Sales department – this concerns both opportunities to grow existing channels (e.g., Telesales, Customer refers Customer) and to create new channels (e.g., special sales force targeting specific customer segment)
- Initiate and support improvement initiatives to make commercial function more effective and efficient
- Support Commercial function in key decisions (e.g., on pricing and sales planning)
- Translate Market Research findings into meaningful initiatives
- Develop strategies for expansion and sales area focus, making use of available internal and external data
- Capacity building - work in project teams with junior commercial team members to convey sales development techniques and technical skills
- Academic background in business, economics, an exact science, or related field (Master’s degree required)
- Working experience in management consulting or similar; has worked in developing country
- Excellent capacity builder who can effectively convey knowledge to other team members
- Strong communication and excellent business writing skills, including expert ability to prepare compelling presentations and business cases
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven critical thinking skills that demonstrate fact finding/analysis and sound decision making
- Detail oriented and well-organized
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple tasks while working under tight deadlines with close attention to detail, accuracy, and quality at all times
- Open to work in a flexible and creative work environment with fast-evolving operations
- Fluency in English; Swahili is a plus
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding international, highly motivated team of individuals who combine professional expertise with personal passion. In addition to joining a wonderful global community, you will receive an attractive benefit package with direct participation in the success of our company.
How to apply
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity, disability, religion, or beliefs.
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please apply by clicking the "Apply" button below.