Mobisol Group is a leading global player in decentralised solar electrification. Driven by market demand for off-grid solutions beyond lighting, Mobisol designs, distributes and services large solar systems, seamlessly integrated with proprietary pay-as-you-go (PAYG) software. By combining the latest high-tech solar hardware with mobile payment technologies, the Berlin based company ensures affordability through flexible payment plans. Mobisol enables rural families and businesses to power a wide range of compatible appliances, such as televisions and stereos, thereby improving people's standard of living and enabling incremental income from new solar-powered businesses. With over 750 employees, Mobisol runs its own operations in Tanzania, Kenya and Rwanda, while providing hardware and software solutions through a growing network of B2B partnerships in another nine countries worldwide.
What this job is about
Mobisol’s presence in Nigeria shall be its first day-to-day operation in West Africa. In this market, Mobisol will serve as the Technology Partner, providing a range of hardware, pay-as-you-go software and services to a network of local B2B-and strategic partners. As Operations Manager you will drive all aspects of the operations strategy, planning and management of the day-to-day execution of our newly established operations in Nigeria and assume a strong role within the Mobisol management team.
In this highly visible position, you will be responsible for:
- Business Development: executing operation policies and processes and the implementation of operation department strategies e.g. logistics, sales & marketing
- Sales: overseeing and ensuring the achievement of sales targets by developing the sales and service structure in the region
- Management operations: setting up and maintaining communication, transaction and reporting systems for all related departments
- Strategic business planning: driving the company’s commercial success & strategic growth and establishment of the brand by keeping a hands-on working attitude
- Logistics: ordering of required systems, components and related products in close alignment with the commercial requirements
- Reporting: country-wide stock monitoring and forecasting to plan container distribution / allocation and balance stocks (e.g. aligning sales forecast and stock availability on a monthly basis)
- Team Building: build, mentor and coach a team, which puts the customer first
- A business degree with focus on operations management
- A proven track record of at least 10 years of professional B2B sales and operations experience in a high volume industry which is rapidly growing
- Sound knowledge and experience in reporting and forecasting, budgeting processes, business development and the execution of day-to-day operations performance
- As an individual, you pursue a systematic, structured and reliable way of work
- You are target driven and dynamic
- In addition to your affinity to operations management, you possess a hands-on action-oriented approach as well as pronounced social competencies for teamwork and people management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and one local language (Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba)
In addition, you will be accountable for the risk management with potential partners and overseeing administrative decisions related to HR operations, external auditing activities and legal matters in order to ensure a controlled and healthy growth of this brand new entity.
The development and adoption of Operations-related policies and processes will closely be aligned with Group-level policies and guidelines in close cooperation with headquarters in Berlin, Germany. As our representative for the Nigerian operations you will regularly participate and contribute to Headquarter Executive Board meetings for international alignment of the entire company.
The position offers you the chance to build and shape a global player in the off-grid energy market with strong commitment to product-quality, design, user friendliness and environmental sustainability. You will be part of an outstanding, international and highly motivated team.
How to apply
If you feel intrigued by this challenging opportunity, please upload your application (letter of motivation – stand out!, CV, references) with the subject line “Operations Manager (m/f) Nigeria” via the button below.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mobisol offers all of its employees and applicants full equal opportunity irrespective race, ethnic origin, sexual identity, disability, religion or beliefs.